Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Day 8

Wednesday the 24th

Today I started off the day begging. They didn’t let us stand close to the rail so I was directly in the sun and I have a gnarly sunburn as a battle wound. The hot ticket was for The Beguiled, but I scored a ticket to see Rodin. It was about art, which I find interesting. The film was dramatic and had a lot of clay sculpting and sex, which was fairly interesting. However the exhaustion from the trip is starting to kick in so I had to jolt myself awake a few times.

After the film I went to the Olympia showing of Beguiled and I was less than impressed with the film itself. The actors did well but the story was too slow for the first half and too compacted for the last half. I’ve heard from my peers whom have seen the other films that center around this story that some parts were underdeveloped, which I could see. However I am not director so I don’t exactly have the liberty to judge.

When I returned home I went to a food stand in JLP and got a chicken panini and some fries. I hadn’t eaten all day so it was the greatest thing ever.

Also the cute guy scanning tickets was there again and told me I looked nice. He also said he still has my “note” but has been working a lot the past 24 hours so he hasn’t had the chance to call. I then said “the country code is 1” because I didn’t put that on my business cards. He responded, “I’m from Louisiana.” My interest has suddenly dropped a little, but maybe he’ll call my anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment