Monday, May 29, 2017

Day 12 - Last Day of the Festival :(

Sunday the 28th

Today was the final day of the festival. To finish things off I saw A Gentle Creature. It was a longer film (2 and a half hours), but I enjoyed it. I’m part Russian so I’d been wanting to see this one, but my friends didn’t enjoy it as much. I found the film to be a very vibrant one.

I finally had a meal at New York New York, I ordered the truffle macaroni and cheese. It was delicious but so filling I barely finished half of it. I was glad I finally got to go.

I then was planning to see Redoubtable, but at the last second scored a ticket to the closing ceremony. I wasn’t in heels so I was wondering if I’d make it past the door; I did. I was super underdressed and shouldn’t have been in there, but it was awesome. The Square won the Palm D’Ora and the director gave an exciting speech, the best one of the evening. I sure am lucky.

The award I was most excited about was Best Actress, which went to Diane Kruger. All of the actresses were so deserving, but I am a big fan of her and loved In The Fade.

On an exciting note, I saw the usher from the opening ceremony on my way out. I gave him my card again, just in case he lost the first one.

I can definitely say I got the full experience here in Cannes. I’m sad to see it end, but I’m excited to see what is in store next.

No comments:

Post a Comment