Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Day 7

Today we met with the director of Take Care, Good Night. It was interesting to hear about the perception of movies in India in comparison to the United States. The Indian Pavillion had a nice terrace that I wish the AMPav had ;)

They added a screening of Loveless to today, so I made sure to go see that. I found the film to be sad, but not as sad I was expecting. I didn’t shed a tear surprisingly, but it was still a very sad story. The filmography was well-done.

We then attempted to go see Happy Days and weren’t let in because it was already full an hour before showtime. So instead we went to see Radiance, but unfortunately it was in Japanese and did not have English subtitles, just French. I know a little bit of French so I tried to keep up, but my friends started to fall asleep so we left after about an hour.

However there was a cute guy scanning tickets, so I gave him my card. He hasn’t called but I’ll be patient.

Since we now had an extra hour, we walked up towards the castle on the hill in Cannes to get a closer look at the Hollywood-esque sign. It was a steep hill but the view was very cool, the houses reminded me of the opening scene of Beauty and the Beast.

After that we went to the AmPav for their queer party that John Cameron Mitchell was DJing. It was colorful and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment